My own arrangements for plucked string orchestra
I am providing my own work here under an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike Creative Commons License.
- Eric Satie’s 1. Gymnopedie
- New Zealand’s most famous song: Pokarekare Ana. (Here is a video of the Braunschweig Mandolin Orchestra playing this piece.)
- O Sole Mio
- Yangguan Pass Song (阳关三叠 or “Three Variations of the Parting of the Friends at the Yangguan Pass”). This is a famous Chinese piece of music which I transcribed for solo guitar and plucked string orchestra. Originally the music was written for guqin (zither). My version is modern, but tries to maintain the Chinese pentatonic style. If you play this piece, I’d love to hear about it!
(I use the free Musescore software for editing the scores.)
Sheet music for learning to play
Provided under an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike Creative Commons License.
- Dodo (only 4 notes, notes between the lines)
- Coco (only 4 notes, notes on the lines)
Works in the public domain
The works here should be in the public domain because their composers died more than 70 years ago and the publication was more than 50 years ago. My reason for posting these here is because it is basically impossible to find them anywhere else. If any of these are actually still copyrighted, please let me know and I will remove them.
- Giuseppe Anelli Trigolo (1876-1926)
- Domenico De Giovanni (1844-1925)
- Carl Henze (1872 – 1946)
- Ferdinand Kollmaneck (1871 – 1941)
- Kleines Konzert Nr 2 Mandolin 1, Mandolin 2, Mandola, Guitar. (Here is a video of the Braunschweig Mandolin Orchestra playing this piece.)
- Entschwundenes Glück (parts)
- Angelo Liprandi (1848-1906)
- Ouverture (score and parts)
- Giacomo Sartori (1860 – 1946)
- Otto Schick (1850 – 1928)
- El Jaleo di Xeres (parts)
- Madrilena (Dance Espagnole) (parts)
- Mandolinen Mazurka (parts). This piece is dedicated to the Braunschweiger Mandolinenquartett which was not the same as the still existing Braunschweiger Mandolinenverein but one player, Erich Franke, played in both.
- Fantasy over Verdi’s Rigoletto (parts)
- Fantasy over Verdi’s Troubadour (parts)
- Hermann Reh’s Gavotte Royale (parts)
- Ouverture of Weber’s Oberon (parts)
- Martinez’s Auf hohem Meere (parts)
- Meyerbeer’s March (parts)
- Meyer-Helmund’s Ballgeflüster (parts)
- Radeck’s Fridericus Rex Grenadier March (parts)
- Fantasy over Rossini’s La gazza ladra (parts)
- Strauss’s Annen-Polka (parts)
- von Blon’s Frühlings-Einzug March (parts)
- Henry Wormsbacher (1866 – 1934)
- Wilhelm Wobersin (1868 – )
- Schubert Moment Musical (parts) arranged by Wobersin.